Our Model Works!
Six years ago, Unshattered formed a holistic community of loving support to encourage women to continue their journey of sobriety. We offer full time employment and a like-minded community for women in recovery, where they can express their value and purpose through work and commit to ongoing personal and professional development.
The Results of this Model Speak Volumes
In over 6 years of offering full-time employment we have only experienced a single relapse for our employee base
out of transitional housing
100% out of transitional housing within 12 months of employment
annual economic impact
~$150K net positive economic impact to the community each year for every woman we employ
made by women in recovery
Our bags are 100% designed and made by women in our program
Building Long Term Sobriety
(After 6 Months)
- 100% stated Unshattered helped them learn about their strengths and skills
- 100% felt Unshattered helped them build a meaningful community
- 83% felt Unshattered helped accelerate their recovery
- 100% felt Unshattered helped them find purpose
Economic Impact to the Community
As we work to end the addiction relapse cycle, we’re changing women’s lives for the long-term so that they can change lives in their families, communities and more.
$150K per year
Approximate estimation that each woman we employ has a positive economic impact on their community.
Compare this to the cost of losing sobriety - $75K consumed in services. It's a win for all.Read Employee Impact Stories
Impact Beyond Unshattered - Where are they now?
Alumni from Unshattered have moved on to roles such as:
- Program Director for the NYC Rescue Mission’s inaugural women’s program
- Student Leader at Palm Beach State College
- Small business owner - running a restaurant with a family member
- Lead seamstress at a furniture company
- Certified nutrition coach
- Childcare educator
- Staff members at recovery centers such as the Hoving Home
- Apprentice in the NYC fashion industry
- Dental assistant
When you support Unshattered, you are offering women a combination of community, employment, and personal and professional development. This combination gives them the opportunity to find their purpose and live an addiction-free life. Just like your handbag, these women are being made new again.